Caramelized Tomato Sauce.
Caramelizing tomato paste makes tomato flavor even richer so I start this tomato sauce recipe with caramelized tomato paste, but I don’t stop there. If caramelizing one ingredient is good…doing it to the other 2 ingredients should make it even better…right? This caramelized tomato sauce recipe is addicting, versatile and loaded with healthy lycopene. You can use it to top pasta, bruschetta, vegetables or even pizza. Even better than its flavor and versatility is the fact that it’s so easy to make, you can have this made up in minutes.
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 28 Ounce Can Crushed Tomatoes (strained through a sieve)
- Add the tomato paste to pan and heat over medium high heat.
- Break up the paste, as it cooks, and watch it turn a deep, rich color.
- Once it has deepened in color and isn’t shiny anymore add the vinegar to deglaze the pan.
- Add the drained tomatoes to the pan and continue to cook until there is no more extra liquid in the pan.
- Continue to cook, and stir, until the tomatoes have deepened in color.
- Remove from heat.
- Now you can use it your favorite recipe or keep it in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to a week.