❤️ BLUE CHEESE & BACON MAC & CHEESE & TOMATOES ❤️
Best Macaroni And Cheese with bacon recipe. The most decadent tasting, yet lower in calories, Homemade Mac N Cheese You’ll Ever Make! Macaroni Pasta blended with Italian Blend Cheese, then Melted Into A Warm Cream Sauce with tomatoes, bacon, and blue cheese.
Mac and cheese is no longer only for the under 16 crowd. You’ll find variations of this classic dish on menus everywhere. While those menu options might sound gourmet and difficult to make at home, this does not need to be the case.
I AM REALLY EXCITED TO SHARE WITH YOU MY NEWEST RECIPE: BLUE CHEESE MAC AND CHEESE WITH BACON.
It sounds decadent, but with a few simple swaps, we keep calories and fat in line while adding a pop of color and nutrition boost with the addition of tomatoes.
Not a blue cheese fan? No worries! The sharp flavor blends seamlessly into this homemade mac and cheese recipe and is not overpowering. It adds just the right amount of sharp flavor that compliments the dish. It works great served warm as a main dish, side dish, or served as a cold pasta salad too. Try this recipe the next time you’re entertaining!
HOW TO MAKE MAC AND CHEESE WITH BACON
- Cook elbow macaroni per box instructions, drain
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter
- Whisk flour into butter, adding a little at a time
- Slowly pour milk into flour mixture, small amounts at a time, whisking until thickened before adding more.
- Add spices, then whisk in Italian cheese.
- Stir in bacon, then elbow macaroni. Blend well.
- Gently fold in canned tomatoes and blue cheese crumbles.
This mac and cheese packs a ton of flavor with just 11 ingredients.